Bankruptcy Law

Bankruptcy Law

Family Law image

Family Law Divorce

Probate image


Modification Of Family Law Orders In Tennessee

The final divorce decree is sometimes not “final” at all. People’s circumstances change, and former spouses often find they need to go back to court to get a judge’s approval for a modification of a family law order regarding child support, alimony, child custody or visitation.

If your circumstances have changed – or if you think your ex-spouse’s circumstances have changed – and you want to modify your existing divorce decree, it is important to seek legal advice and representation. Even if you are on friendly terms with your ex and think you can change your divorce agreement informally, it is very important to file formal paperwork with the court regarding any changes.

The Law Office of Rich & Rich provides high-quality legal representation for reasonable fees in all types of family law matters. Our clients receive personal representation from our attorneys, who have more than 40 years of combined family law experience.

Modification Of Child Custody Orders

If you believe that your existing arrangements regarding child custody and visitation are no longer in the child’s best interests, then you may ask the court to change the order. You do this by filing a formal request for modification.

Some reasons that a parent might want to file a request for a child custody modification include:

  • To remove a child from possible danger due to unsafe behavior by a parent or the parent’s friends or new spouse
  • To change visitation arrangements if one parent wants to move out of state with the child

Modification Of Child Support And Alimony Orders

Both child support and alimony are based on the spouses’ relative incomes. If either spouse’s income changes significantly, then it may be possible to change the amount of child support or alimony.

Learn More About Your Options Today

The Law Office of Rich & Rich offers all new clients a free initial consultation in a confidential and respectful setting. At our first meeting, we will learn about your specific concerns, give you some information about your various legal options, and form a plan of action.

To schedule an appointment at our Memphis office, call 901-201-6163 or 866-935-6740 or send us an e-mail.